Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day to My Beautiful Mom!

My Mom was my best friend and was a living example of the Proverbs 31 Woman to me.  I could go to her with anything and she would sit and listen to me rant and rave, and then share with me.  She taught me about how to pray and the importance of prayer.  One time I asked her to pray that Gary got the job he was being interviewed for in California City and for his safe travel there as all of the roads south out of the San Joaquin Valley were closed due to snow.  Her answer to me was, "No I won't pray for that" and I responded with "Why not?"  Her answer to me was, "I will pray for God's will and if He intends for Gary to have the job he will get it.  She set the example of how a wife and mother should take care of her household.  She made sure there was laughter in the house even during difficult times. Although she didn't drive she always made sure we went to church on Sunday.  I could probably count on one hand the number of times we went out for Sunday dinner as she usually always had something cooking for dinner and after church someone was always invited to have Sunday dinner with us.  She was a blessing to all of us kids, her grandchildren, and everyone she came in contact with.  A stranger was a friend she hadn't met.  If they needed what little she had more than she did it was theirs.  She never got to meet any of her great-grandchildren as God called her home at the young age of 57.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of her and wish she was here.  Someone asked what my perfect Mother's Day would be and I answered, "To have my Mom with us for one more day so she could know her great-granddaughter Awbrey and for Awbrey to know the love and sweet gentle spirit of the woman I call Mom.






Happy Mother's Day to my beautiful Mom!


No comments:

Post a Comment