Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Every Mother's Day I would send my Mom a White Orchid and I would always request that it be delivered on Sunday morning so it would be fresh for church.  I would give her a call around 9:00 AM knowing the Orchid would have been delivered by then and we would sit and talk for a while.  That was the greatest time of day for me and I really miss those times.  I still give my Mom flowers for Mother's Day but I do it a little different.  My sister Nellie and I will head to the cemetery the day before Mother's Day with  bouquets of flowers for Mom, our sister Linda, and our niece Debbie.  In the past we always bought the flowers but now we make the bouquets with flowers we gather from our own flower gardens.  This makes the bouquets special to us.  This year on Mother's Day the family will gather at Nellie and Roger's place and we'll celebrate all the Mom's in our family.
My Mom



                        
                                                                

                                                                                 










               

                                                             
                                                                       
                                                                                             





Happy Mother's Day to all the special Mom's in our family!!!

1 comment:

  1. this is such a beautiful post! Happy Mothers day to you and all the ladies above. Love you!!!!

    ReplyDelete