Monday, May 16, 2011

Friendship Tea

Last week and weekend were a whirlwind for me but I had a blast.  Our church Women's Ministry hosted the annual Friendship Tea.  The theme for the tea was "Once Upon a Time."  I didn't want to do the princess thing so Nellie suggested Garden Fairies and I took the idea and ran with it.  I probably spent to much money but I was having so much fun putting it all together.  My original idea was to make napkins with a garden fairies print but none was to be found at the local fabric stores.  So I decided to add Butterflies to the decoration.  I spent a lot of time at our local Hobby Lobby Store and found the fabric for a tablecloth, butterflies and ribbon for the napkin rings, and a beautiful garden fairy to use as my centerpiece.  I also made a trip to the Dollar Store and found 3 small garden fairies and some little plates to use as tea bag holders.  At the Ross Store I picked up some photo holder stands and used them as my place card holder.  Since I have a Teacup Collection that part was easy.  Now it was time to put it all together.  So Friday afternoon Nellie and I headed to the church to setup and decorate my table. 


I think it turned out beautiful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment