Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Trust

But I will always trust in You and in Your mercy and shall rejoice in Your salvation.  I will sing to the Lord because He has blessed me so richly.  Psalm 13:5-6

This morning when I left the house for Vancouver we had a few clouds in the sky and the sun was shining.  When I started home this afternoon the sun was still shining and there was a nice breeze blowing.  I had the sun roof open and was enjoying the springtime weather.  About two miles from our house it started to rain.  At first it was just a sprinkle so I left the sun roof open and continued to enjoy my ride.  I did have to close the roof about three blocks from the house.

This change in the weather got me to thinking.  Sometimes things change faster than you can snap your finger and we have to adjust to this change just as I did with having to close the sun roof.  There is one thing that I don't ever have to think about changing and that is my God.  He is the same today as He was yesterday and He will be the same tomorrow.  I trust Him to take care of me and to guide me through whatever changes come my way whether it be the weather, a new job, or a new place to live.
Tis So Sweet To Trust In Jesus
by Louisa M. R. Stead, 1882

Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, "Thus says the Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment