Saturday, May 17, 2014

Awesome Day With Family

Today we celebrated my sweeties 71st birthday.  We started with breakfast at IHOP for his free Rooty Tooty Fresh 'N Fruity which he never gets and today he chose their new Cinnamon French Toast.  On the way home we stopped at Walmart Neighborhood Market, which I did not know they had, to pick up some sparkling cider and tea bags.  From there we headed to Joanns as I needed another skein of Painted Desert which they they did not have so I guess I will have to order it.  We then headed home,

Once home my sweetie took Ozzie out for a walk and while they were gone I decided to get the sauce cooking for the Lasagna.  I also got the table all set and I decided to use the China and crystal, what is the use of having it if you never use it.  Our sweet granddaughter called to see if she could over for a while and of course I said yes.  She was excited as this would be her first drive with no one else in the car with her.  We visited for a while and she headed home to pick up Mom and Dad as they were coming for dinner.

I then got busy getting everything ready for the cake.  I'd forgotten how much work goes into this three layer cake but the yumminess of the cake makes it all worth while.  So I spent the afternoon in the kitchen but that is fine with me as I love to cook.

Dinner was great!  The menu was all my sweeties favorites; Lasagna, Italian Green Salad, Garlic Bread,  Italian Cream Cake, Moscato White Wine and Sparkling Cider for our granddaughter.  Everything was absolutely yummy.

Here are a few pictures from today's festivities.

 Breakfast at IHOP
 His mother had started an afghan for me in 2011 and before she could finish it she had a stroke and was not able to crochet after that.  A friend, Erin Crop, finished it for me so I could give it to him for his birthday.


 Our sweet granddaughter Awbrey frosting Papa's birthday cake.

A beautiful day with family!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment