Monday, May 26, 2014

Freedom Isn't Free

I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
John 10:10

This morning my sweetie and I attended the Memorial Day Service at Ridgefield Cemetery.  When we got up we were thinking of not going since it was raining and this got me to thinking.

What if the young men and women as they were called to duty said "I'm not going going because it is raining and I don't want to get wet."  What if Christ had said "I'm not dying for them as they will only mess up again and again so what is the use."

We live in a land that is free because of the brave men and women that paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.  We have the freedom to choose to live for Christ and spend eternity with Him and our Heavenly Father because of what Christ did for you and I.

Today is not about barbecues and sales.  It is a day set aside to honor our fallen heroes, to show respect for them and their families.  I want to say Thank You to all our family members and friends that have faithfully served/serving this great nation.  I want to say Thank You to the families that have lost a loved one that paid the ultimate sacrifice.  I want to say Thank You Heavenly Father for sending your Son to pay a debt He did not owe so that my soul could be saved.

I Gave My Life For Thee
by Frances R. Havergal, 1858

I gave MY life for thee, My precious blood I shed,
That thou might ransomed be, and raised up from the dead;
I gave, I gave my life for thee, what hast thou given for Me?

And I brought to thee, down from My home above,
Salvation full and free, My pardon and My love;
I bring, I bring rich gifts to thee, what hast thou brought to Me?











No comments:

Post a Comment