Tuesday, November 13, 2012

30 Days of Thankfulness - Day 13

 
Know that the Lord Himself is God;
It is He who has made us, and not we ourselves;
We are His people and the sheep of His pasture.
Enter His gates with thanksgiving
And His courts with praise.
Give thanks to Him, bless His name.
For the Lord is good;
His lovingkindness is everlasting
And His faithfulness to all generations.
Psalm 100:3-5
 
Today I am thankful for the simple reminder of what a special lady my Momma was.  This morning as I was reading "Your Homebase Mom" blog I was reminded of a special thing my Momma did for me.  Below is my comment to Leigh Ann:
 
Leigh Ann as I was reading your post this morning my heart almost jumped out of my chest when I came to phrase “Grandma Zola’s Chocolate Pie.” My Momma’s name was Zola and it is not a name you hear often and the grandchildren all referred to her as Grandma Zola. So I could not wait to scroll down to see her picture. I couldn’t believe it when I saw her picture in her kitchen as I have almost the exact picture of my Mom in her kitchen but she is making her famous Enchiladas. The grandchildren’s favorite Grandma Zola recipe was her chocolate gravy. I will never forget the time I called her to get her recipe and she told me I don’t have one I just make it so hold on and I will go make a batch and you can write down the recipe. So she went in the kitchen and made a batch of chocolate gravy so I could have the recipe. I would love to talk with her and get her chocolate pie recipe but she is now cooking in heaven. Thanks for giving me this beautiful reminder of my Mom today.
 
Thank you God for the simple reminders of special times!

No comments:

Post a Comment