Thursday, March 15, 2012

My Hiding Place


You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.  Psalm 32:7

He Hideth My Soul is an old gospel song written by Frances J. Crosby that was published in 1890.  I loved to hear my Momma sing this song as it speaks of our hiding place and that hiding place is our Savior Jesus Christ.

He Hideth My Soul

A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord,
A wonderful Savior to me;
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock,
Where rivers of pleasure I see.

Refrain:
He hideth my soul in the cleft of the rock,
That shadows a dry, thirsty land;
He hideth my life in the depths of His love,
And covers me there with His hand,
And covers me there with His hand.

A wonderful Savior is Jesus my Lord,
He taketh my burden away,
He holdeth me up and I shall not be moved,
He giveth me strength as my day.

With numberless blessings each moment He crowns,
And filled with His fullness divine,
I sing in my rapture, oh, glory to God!
For such a Redeemer as mine.

When clothed with His brightness transported I rise
To meet Him in clouds of the sky,
His perfect salvation, His wonderful love,
I’ll shout with the millions on high.

My Momma is now clothed in His brightness and singing in the heavenly choir!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment