Friday, November 25, 2011

The Sounds of Silence


It is a cold, wet and foggy morning here in the city with the small town charm.  As I was walking this morning I noticed how quiet it was.  There were no kids hurrying to the bus stop, no one in the park but me and just an occasional car would drive by.  Just silence!  Have you ever noticed the sounds that are within silence?  I had never really paid any attention to them.  If you listen closely you can hear the leaf falling to the ground, the purr of a cat sitting on a fence post, the flapping of bird wings as they take flight, the rustle of the leaves as you walk.  When you stop and think about it God created all this silence for us to enjoy, to breathe in His essence.  The next time you are out walking take in the silence that God created and be One with Him!

He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”
Psalm 46:10

No comments:

Post a Comment