Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Running From God


Have you every run away from God?  Of course you have just as we all have.  God calls each of us to work for Him and the work He has for each of us is different.  Sometimes we fight with all our might the work that God has for us and we run in the opposite direction as fast as we can just as Jonah did.  I found myself in Jonah's shoes last week and was fighting with every breath what God was telling me to do.  Circumstances that are taking place in my life right now is not how I planned to spend retirement.  Retirement is supposed to be the time of carefree fun, doing what you want to do when you want to do it and going where you want to go when you want to go.  As I said I was running just as fast as I could and complaining all along the way.  When in fact God was telling me that these circumstances was a ministry He had called me to and that ministry was a Caregiver.  So I I am going to do the ministry God has called me to do just a Jonah did.  Will I do it without complaints?  Probably not but I will do it with His help.  God will give me the strength to complete the tasks before me daily.  He will also put those in mine and Gary's path that will be able to relieve us so that we can get away for some R & R occasionally.  Our God is an awesome God and He will never put more on us than He can handle!

The word of the LORD came to Jonah son of Amittai: “Go to the great city of Nineveh and preach against it, because its wickedness has come up before me.”  But Jonah ran away from the LORD and headed for Tarshish. He went down to Joppa, where he found a ship bound for that port. After paying the fare, he went aboard and sailed for Tarshish to flee from the LORD.  Jonah 1:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment