Monday, November 7, 2011

Praise and Thanksgiving


May God, who gives this patience and encouragement, help you live in complete harmony with each other, as is fitting for followers of Christ Jesus.  Then all of you can join together with one voice, giving praise and glory to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  Romans 15:1-6

Fall has definitely arrived and this morning when I headed out for my walk is was a cool 42 degrees and I thought the sky was clear.  I had completed my 1st lap around the park when I noticed that it was starting to look a little hazy.  As I rounded the corner on my 3rd lap I could see that the haze was in fact fog.  By the time I was on my 4th lap it gotten really foggy, there was a cool dampness and I was wishing I had worn my gloves.

How many times have we let the fog of circumstances cloud our feelings for others?  God's Word tells us to live in harmony and to encourage each other.  Will we always get along?  Not a chance!  We will have differences with those we love but we will come through those differences stronger than ever.  So give praises to God for the trials that come your way and honor Him with thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment