Sunday, August 28, 2011

Lighthouse



“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

There is an old Southern gospel hymn that was one of  my Mom favorites.  That song is "The Lighthouse" and she often sang it in church.

And I thank God for the Lighthouse
I owe my life to Him
For Jesus is the Lighthouse
And from the rocks of sin
He has shown a light around me
That I could clearly see
If it wasn't for the Lighthouse (tell me)
Where would this ship be?

My Mom was a lighthouse for God and taught us kids to let our light shine.  To live a life that no one could question, to be a lighthouse no matter where we are and no matter what the situation is around us. 


No comments:

Post a Comment