Friday, August 19, 2011

Giving


"Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
Luke 6:38

This is a wonderful book I read several years ago and I found that my love language was giving.


I love to give gifts! I make most of the gifts that my husband and I give for Christmas, Birthdays, Anniversaries, etc. and I love to get thank yous for them.  I like to know that the receiver appreciates all the thought and hard work I put into choosing just the right gift for them. 

Is this the type of gift that Christ is talking about?  I don't think so!  I believe Christ is talking about the gift of self.  When we give of self it is a gift given unselfishly, whether it be the gift of service to our local church body or to someone we come in contact with.  Do we give expecting something in return?  The answer to that question should be no but we are all human and unfortunately sometimes we do expect to get that added blessing.  We give out of obedience to Christ!



No comments:

Post a Comment