Monday, July 25, 2016

Roses...


For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing.
2 Corinthians 2:15

I'm reading a really good book Southern Fried Sushi by Jennifer Rogers Spinola.  This except jumped out at me and I thought I would share with you.

"But it's my roses that speak to me at home when I'm alone with my thoughts.  Why?  Because they carry thorns.  Reminders of this fallen world, our sin - my sin - and how it hurts.  How thorns pierced Jesus' forehead and nails pieced His flesh for me.  When I was still His enemy.  And yet when the blooms come, they carry scents of heaven.
A perfect picture of our sin and God's mercy.  Beauty and pain, all woven together - just like my life.  Oh, what an amazing work God has done in this cold little heart of mine!"

So the next time you prick yourself with a rose thorn or inhale the fragrance, stop for a moment and thank our Heavenly Father for sending us His Son to take away all our sins.

The Fragrance of Christ
By David Haas

Lord, may our prayer rise like incense in your sight.
May this place be filled with the fragrance of Christ.

I will thank you, Lord, with all of my heart.
You have heard the words of my mouth.
In the presence of the angels, I will bless you.
I will adore before your holy temple.

I will thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness and love,
beyond all my hopes and dreams.
On the day that I called, you answered;

you gave life to the strength of my soul.

All who live on earth shall give you thanks
when they hear the words of your voice,

and all shall sing of your ways:
"How great is the glory of God!"




No comments:

Post a Comment