Saturday, July 16, 2016

Our Home...




This is our home.  Escrow closed on June 17 but we did not take possession until June 24 as the previous owners needed to stay a week to get things ready for their move across the state.  So on June 24 we took possession of our home.  We arrived around 8:00 am and as we walked through our little home we said a prayer dedicating this home to God and His work here where He has planted us to bloom and grow.

It was then time to get busy.  The first thing on our agenda was to empty our storage unit so we headed out.  Since Gary is still recovering from shoulder surgery and had a weight limit of  2 pounds our pastor met us there to help me get everything out.  What I thought would take a couple of hours the pastor and I had done in 30 minutes.  We then headed to the house where Pastor Steve helped unload the van and everything stacked in the garage.  A great big THANK YOU to Pastor Steve for your help. 

YAY we are ahead of our schedule for the day!!!

It is now time to start cleaning our home.  Julia words cannot express the thankfulness I have in my heart for you girl.  You gave of your time, your energy and stepped in with both hands to help Gary and I get everything cleaned so we could start moving in. 

Gary and I spent the next couple of days moving things over from our kids place and getting organized.  We will be forever grateful for our kids, Marianne, Stephen and Awbrey, for sharing their home with us these past 10 months. 

The big move day, Tuesday, June 28, has finally arrived.  When we first scheduled the movers for 10:00 am, they called back to let us know they needed to reschedule for 1:00 pm as they had a small job that was not on the books when we made our reservation.  Since the job was small they said they would probably be there around 12:30 pm so we said okay.  The first kink for the day was they did not show up until 1:40 pm.  We are now almost an hour behind schedule and we hope they will be fast and load everything correctly.  Unfortunately fast was not in their vocabulary.  At 5:30 pm they looked at Gary and said we have to go as we both have part time jobs to get to.  So off they went leaving us with a loaded truck and no one to unload.  Definitely no happy campers here.

Stephen looks at Gary and says "I have this" and started making phone calls.  Have I ever told you what an awesome church family we have?

Since I have

Since I had been at the house organizing and putting things away I'm not really aware of everything that has been going on.  Gary gives me a call to fill me in.  I then get a text from our sweet daughter telling me the cavalry is on its way.  Several members of our church family have at the last minute stepped in to get the the truck unloaded.  I am in tears thanking God for these awesome people.

Gary drives the truck over, the kids arrive and we are instructed to take Ozzie Bear and go get dinner while they unload.  Marianne asks for quick instructions as to how we want everything arranged and we are scooted out the door.  We arrive home from dinner to find the truck empty and the rooms arranged.  God has so richly blessed our lives with an awesome "family of families."

These past couple of weeks have been exhausting as we sort through things and set up our home.  We are so thankful to God for blessing us with our little home here on earth. 

There is an old song I dearly love that reminds me of what God has in store for me when I leave this earth for my heavenly home.

Mansion Over The Hilltop
by Ira Stanphill

I'm satisfied with just a cottage below,
A little silver and a little gold;
But in that city where the ransomed will shine
I want a gold one that's silver-lined.

Tho' often tempted, tormented and tested
And, like the prophet, my pillow a stone;
And tho' I find here no permanent dwelling
I know He'll give me a mansion my own.

Don't think me poor or deserted or lonely
I'm not discouraged, I'm heaven bound;
I'm just a pilgrim in search of a city
I want a mansion, a harp and a crown.

I've got a mansion just over the hilltop
In that bright land where we'll never grow old;
And someday yonder we will never more wander
But walk on streets that are purest gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment