Thursday, July 21, 2016

Blessings...

Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.
1 Peter 4:10

Today has been a full and busy day.  I went into work an hour early this morning as my sweetie had cataract surgery this afternoon at 12:30.  So I worked from 9;30 to 11:30, came home to pick up my sweetie and headed back to Salmon Creek for his surgery at Pacific Eye Institute.

When they took him back for surgery they asked if I would like to watch.  My answer was an immediate no as I might have it someday and I really did not want to know how they cut something off your eyeball.  So while he was in surgery I had a cup of coffee and sat there working on a scarf I'm knitting.

Surgery lasted just about a hour and we were then headed home.  On the way home my sweetie shared with me how the doctor had asked him if he minded if he prayed before they began.  Of course my sweetie said he thought that would be great.  So they prayed together asking for God's guidance and for the surgery to be successful.  I  don't know about you but I find it really comforting when a doctor asks if they can pray with me before they begin a procedure.  I believe that God has blessed them with a gift and they are using their knowledge for the betterment of others.

Father God thank you for men and women that are not afraid to pray.  Thank you that they are using the knowledge you have blessed them with to improve the quality of life to those they come in contact with.  Father God than you for blessing my life and my sweetie's life with caring physicians that lean on you for guidance in their lives.  Father God help me to be a blessing to those I come in contact with.  Amen

Make Me a Blessing
by Ira Bishop Wilson, 1924

Out in the highways and byways of life,
many are weary and sad;
Carry the sunshine where darkness is rife
making the sorrowing glad.
Make me a blessing,
Out of my life, May Jesus shine;
Make me a blessing, O savior I pray,
I pray Thee, my Savior,
Make me a blessing to someone today.


No comments:

Post a Comment