Wednesday, July 17, 2013

When You Are Depressed

 
For You are my lamp, O Lord; the Lord shall enlighten my darkness.  2 Samuel 22:29
 
At one time or another we all go through  states of depression.  For some of us it will be more serious as we are unable to cope with daily living.  Something happens and it feels as if someone has turned out all the lights and all you see is darkness.  I know because it happened to me.  I felt as if I was unlovable and that no one really cared what happened to me.  My world was crashing in all around me and I didn't know which way to run.  I wasn't thinking clearly because if I was I would have known.  But as I said when we are depressed we feel as if no one loves us, we even feel our Heavenly Father's love is unattainable at that moment. 
 
Well let me tell you it is!  God, our Father will never leave us nor forsake us.  When we don't feel His presence it is because we have moved away from Him.  He is still right there beside us, walking with us and carrying us when we are so overwhelmed with depression and He will make His presence known.  In my instance He gave me not one but two rainbows.  He then put the end of one of those rainbows in my path and I literally drove through the end of the rainbow.  As I was driving through the rainbow my car was filled with all the brilliant and vibrant colors of the rainbow and I felt God saying to me, "It will be okay, I have got this and all you need to do is put your faith and trust in me."
 
So my friends when depression comes I pray that God will help you find your rainbow.  Look for your rainbow in the lyrics of a song, a smile or a kind word from a friend or family member.  Let the brilliant and vibrant colors of your rainbow shine through you by helping someone else find their rainbow.
 
I have placed my rainbow in the clouds. It is the sign of my covenant with you and with all the earth.  Genesis 9:13
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment