Tuesday, July 16, 2013

When A Friend Disappoints You


The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in mercy.  Psalm 103:8

We have all been there when disappointment in someone we love hits us right smack in the face.  It could be something they did or said or something they didn't do or say.  The question is how do we deal with this disappointment?  Do we show love, mercy, compassion or are we quick to anger?  What if God treated us the way we treat others when disappointments come?  What if He continued to hold on to those disappointments and held a grudge toward us instead of offering His forgiveness?  I, for one, am so glad He doesn't!  So, if He is willing to show us His love, mercy and forgive us why don't we forgive those that have hurt us?  One word, pride!  We don't like to admit that we just might have the same flaws someone else has.  We don't like to admit that we are wrong when we refuse to forgive someone.  Sometimes we just want to have our own little pity party and go on and on about how we have been wronged.

I don't know about you but I want to be more like God in this area.  When I hold on to grudges and refuse to forgive someone the only person I am hurting is me.  I want to be a kind gentle person that offers love, compassion and forgiveness to those that have hurt me.  Will it be easy?  If I try to do it on my own the answer would be No.  But by placing my faith and trust in God, and walking beside Him, letting Him guide me and lead in the direction He would have me go I know I can.

 For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment.  Luke 1:37

No comments:

Post a Comment