Monday, July 15, 2013

When A Door Closes


For the past couple of weeks I have been praying about what I share and what I should share on my blog.  Oh I will still share the family stuff but I have been asking God what He felt I should be sharing.  This morning as I was cleaning I found this book from Guideposts.  I purchased several years ago, read it, put it on the shelf and forgotten about it.

 
As I was reading some of the devotion titles I felt like I needed to read it again and share with all of you.  So here are my thoughts on today's devotion.
 
When a Door Closes
 
There is a wide-open door for a great work here, although many oppose me. 1 Corinthians 16:9
 
Have you ever been going along in a ministry that you just knew God had called you to do?  I know I have.  There have been times when I just knew that the ministry I was doing was exactly what God had called me to do.  I also found that the more I pursued and fought for the ministry that doors were continually closing and things were just not proceeding the way I thought God wanted them too.
 
When this happens we need to take a step back and really commune with God.  We need to get self out of the way, sit a spell and listen, I mean really listen to God.  When God tells us it time to move on, that for now this door is closing.  You will feel disappointment for the lost opportunity to minister, I know I did, but God will open another door for you and me.  Spend time in prayer, have faith and believe.  Ask God to open the door as it is already there waiting for you and me.
 
Now may our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say.  2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

1 comment:

  1. I really get confused about what is God & what is Carol & what might be the 'strong man' I have been fighting so many battles of the mind that I bought the Joyce Meyer work book,dvds & CDs on the subject. I am glad you are posting again. I love to read your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete