Friday, January 18, 2013

Pressing On

 
Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14
 
One of the first things we learn in Celebrate Recovery is that we must forgive and forget the things that are behind us.  If we do not do this our past hurts, habits, and hang ups will continue to control our lives.  We need to step out of our denial into truth and move forward in our relationship with Christ Jesus.  God's word tells us in John 14:6 "Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
 
I don't know about you but I choose life.  I choose to press on toward the goal of eternal life with my Heavenly Father and His Son Christ Jesus.
 
He The Pearly Gates Will Open
by Fredrick A. Blom, 1917
 
Love divine, so great and wondrous,
Deep and mighty, pure, sublime!
Coming from the heart of Jesus,
Just the same through tests of time.
 
He the pearly gates will open,
So that I may enter in;
For He purchased my redemption
And forgave me all my sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment