Sunday, January 13, 2013

Draw Near to God

 
Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up.  James 4:8a, 10
 
This mornings worship service was awesome.  Pastor Michael's sermon topic for the next several weeks is The Pursuit of Jesus.  How we are to walk with Him daily in our communities and on mission.  When we place our faith and trust in God and actively pursue Jesus in all of our activities, His light will shine through us by the example we set to all we come in contact with.  So stay in God's Word daily, feed upon it, listen as God speaks, and you will be drawn closer to Him.
 
I Am Thine O Lord
By Fanny Crosby, 1875
 
I am Thine, O Lord,
I have heard Thy voice,
and it told Thy love to me:
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
and be closer drawn to Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment