Thursday, January 17, 2013

Plans

 
"I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "
plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope."
Jeremiah 29:11
 
We all plan and save for our future but things never turn out just like we pictured they would.  Something comes along that takes a huge chuck of our savings and then we start to worry will we have enough to live on in our golden age retirement days.
 
I have come to the conclusion that I don't need to worry.  All I need to do is turn everything over to God for He tells me in His Word not to worry.  I am to walk with Him daily, live one day at a time, making the best of each and every day for His glory.  I have no control over what happened yesterday for it is already gone and tomorrow is not here yet.  I am to live today, in the present, for it is a gift from God.
 
Trust Him with all those cares and trust in Him to get you through whatever storms come your way.
 
I Need Thee Every Hour
by Annie S. Hawks, 1872
 
I need Thee every hour, most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine can peace afford.
 
I need Thee, O I need Thee;
Every hour I need Thee;
O bless me now, my Savior,
I come to Thee.
 
I need Thee every hour, stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their power when Thou are nigh.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment