Friday, September 21, 2012

September Saturday

Last Saturday was a free day for Gary and I.  There was absolutely nothing on the calendar so we decided to sleep a little later than normal.  Once we were up and moving around we headed up Hwy 198 to The Gateway Restaurant in Three Rivers for breakfast.  Wouldn't you know it we didn't get moving soon enough to get there in time to have breakfast so we settled for lunch sitting on the patio listening to the sounds of the river. 
 
 
  
 
 
After lunch we headed back down the highway taking in all the scenery along the way.
 
 
Just east of Exeter we came upon a yard sale so we decided to stop and take a look around.  Gary had been looking for a stool to use at his work bench and they had just what he wanted.  As I was meandering around I found this really cute corner shelf.  So we bought the stool and the shelf.  Didn't get a picture of the stool but here is the shelf. 
 
I love it and here in the next couple of Gary is going to refinish it for me.  Excited to see the finished project.
 
We stowed our purchases in the car and headed on home.  With nothing planned for the rest of the afternoon I decided that it was time for a pedicure since I had not had one since July.  So off I went for a pedicure.  Blackberry is the color and the right color for fall.
 
After my pedicure I met a friend at Starbucks.  We sat and visit for a while as I enjoyed my Skinny Hazelnut Frappuccino.  Just as I was getting ready to head home Gary called and said, Hey how about Panda Express for dinner and I agreed 100% as that meant I didn't have to cook.  Picked up dinner and headed home.   
 
 
It felt really good to have a relaxing day doing nothing but what we wanted to!

No comments:

Post a Comment