Friday, September 28, 2012

Peace & Hope

 
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not put us to shame, because God’s love has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.
Romans 5:1-5
 
When the storms come, and they will, we must put our faith in God.  We sometimes ask ourselves why is God allowing this to happen to me.  I'm a good person, I give to the poor, I help others, I give to the church, I serve in various ministries, etc.  Take a closer look and count the number of "I."  We want to take credit for everything that we do forgetting to give God the glory.  I think God allows things to happen to draw us closer to Him, to trust Him when the storms come our way.  How many times do we take for granted the things God has done for us?  If you are like me the answer would be too many.  Remember when we are struggling God is building our character and out of that character building comes hope. 

My Hope Is In The Lord

My hope is in the Lord
Who has renewed my strength
When everything seems senseless
My hope is still in Him

Who has made heaven and earth
And things seen and unseen
Whatever shade of passing day
My hope is still in Him

My hope is in you Lord
My hope is in you Lord

For I know that my eyes shall see you
In the latter days to come
When you stand on this earth with my lips I will confess
That the hope of my heart is come

By Robin Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment