Sunday, September 30, 2012

Jesus is Knocking

 
Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline.  So be earnest and repent.  Here I am!  I stand at the door and know.  If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.  To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne.  Revelation 3:19-21
 
Jesus is there just waiting for us to answer His knock.  So answer the door of you heart and let Him.  You will find that once you have let Him in, He will always be there waiting for you to call on Him.  He will bend down to listen to your needs just as your earthly father bends down to listen to his little child.
 
Softly And Tenderly
Softly and tenderly Jesus is calling,
Calling for you and for me.
Patient and loving He waiting and watching;
Watching for you and for me.

Come home, come home,
Ye who are weary come home;
Earnestly, tenderly, Jesus is calling;
Calling, "O sinner, come home!"

Why should we linger when Jesus is pleading,
Pleading for you and for me?
Why should we wait, then, and heed not His mercies;
Mercies for you and for me?

O for the wonderful love He has promised,
Promised for you and for me.
Though we have sinned He has mercy and pardon;
Pardon for you and for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love this..it hurts my heart so to see so many struggling, even with in my own family...I can't seem to reach them on how easy it is.Sometimes I even have to remind myself when I get in the 'me' mode & think I can do it all by myself. Thank you for the sweet words this morning. That song is also one of my very favorite. My grandmother used to see it while doing her chores, that & many more.

    ReplyDelete