Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Family Time

My brother L Z and his wife Debbie
are here visiting from Tennessee and have been staying with my sister Nellie and her husband Roger
for the past couple of days.  They will be heading home Friday and are spending the next couple of days with us. 

Every year for Roger's birthday I bake him a Pineapple Upside Down Cake but this year we didn't get to see him on his birthday.  So today I decided I would do some baking.  The first thing I baked was the Pineapple Upside Down Cake, then a Pineapple Pound Cake and a Peach Crisp.  Since the menu for dinner was easy I decided to make the Pasta Salad early afternoon so all the spices and dressing would soak into the veggies and the pasta.  By doing everything early the only thing left to do when everyone arrived for dinner was for Gary to grilled the hamburgers.

The hamburgers were grilled to perfection, the pasta salad was delish and of course the sweet tea was great.  After we stuffed ourselves with dinner we decided to have dessert.  The Peach Crisp was still warm and the vanilla ice cream Nellie brought was the finishing touch.

Now that we were totally stuffed we sat back and spent the rest of the evening relaxing and watch a great movie, 7 Days in Utopia.  Good family movie with Godly values.

I love being able to spend time with family!!!


1 comment:

  1. Oh, what a blessing. I miss family. I love the life I have, even where I live although I fuss about the humidity at times. I am surrounded by wonderful people from my church & the town is what I call 'Lindsay small' but there is NOTHING like family. My classmate connections have really become my extended family, bringing news & ideas from all over. But, you are truly blessed to be able to sit with yours. But then, YOU are a blessing to us that know you.

    ReplyDelete