Monday, February 13, 2012

Hey GD, Happy "1st" 40th Anniversary


Forty years ago today my sweetie and I shared our first kiss.  I had gone to the Fire Department to pick up the morning coffee for everyone at City Hall and this handsome blue-eyed blond fireman offered to walk me out and open the doors for me.  As he was opening the last door he asked for a Valentine's Day kiss and I said why not.  That was the beginning of our relationship and nine months later we were married.  We have had our ups and downs as all married couples do but we always work out whatever the problem may be and our love for each other is even stronger today.  We learned a long time ago that one person cannot do all the giving while the other does all the taking.  A relationship is 50-50 with all parties working together for the relationship to work.

Happy Valentine's Day sweetie and here's to another 40 years of celebrating our          
 "1st" Kiss Anniversary.


I loved this guy then, I love him now and I always will!
XOXOXOXOXO

 If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast, but do not have love, I gain nothing.  Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.  1 Corinthians 13:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment