Sunday, February 19, 2012

Do you criticize/judge others?


At one time or another we have all criticize/judged others.  Were we right in doing this?  Absolutely not!  We are totally wrong when we do this.  We have no idea of what the person we are criticizing/judging has gone through and what the situation may be that they are reacting to or someone else is reacting to.  We are to show them love and concern.  We are to pray for them.  If they have done something that offends you they may be unaware of the offense.  Spend time in prayer, go to them, talk out the situation, and try to work things out as that is exactly what God's Word tells us to do.

Do not judge so that you will not be judged. For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and behold, the log is in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye.  Matthew 7:1-5 

I am trying really hard not to react when someone offends me.  Am I always successful?  The answer to that question would be No!  Lately I have been walking away from situations and spending time in prayer.  I find that is the best thing for me to do as I won't say harmful things that I can't take back.  I'm not perfect nor do I claim to be.  I am still a work in progress and God is not finished with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment