Sunday, April 17, 2016

Where Does My Help Come?

I will lift up mine eyes to the mountains; from whence shall my help come?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.  Psalm 121:1-2

When trials and temptations come our way we some times forget who we can rely on.  We go to people that we think can help get us out of our latest mess hoping they can fix our problem.  They can't!!!  Only God can save us from our messes.  That is why His Word tells us that our help comes from the Lord.  The person we lean on here on this earth is human just like us.  They can't solve our problems.  We need to start leaning on the one that can save us and that is our Lord Jesus.  So lean on Him, trust Him to lead and guide you for He always has your best interest at heart.

Father God thank you for always being there to help me pick up the pieces when I have made a mess and get me back on the right track to you.  Amen.

Yesterday my sweetie and I were watching a Bill Gaither show and this old hymn was sung.  As I closed my eyes listening to the words I could hear my sweet Momma singing as she gave all thanks and praise to our Heavenly Father.  As you read the words let them sink in and think about what they really mean to you.

Rock of Ages
by Augustus M. Toplady, 1776

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy wounded side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure;
Save from wrath and make me pure.

No comments:

Post a Comment