Monday, March 18, 2013

Empowered to Soar

 
"Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.  They will soar on wings like eagles;  they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:31
 
This past weekend was absolutely the best!  I had the honor of attending the Women's Conference "Empowering Women to Soar" with 5 other ladies from our church.  It was a time for us women to come together for a weekend of refreshment, inspiration and empowerment to SOAR in every area of our lives.  A time to renew our spirit, be strengthened as a resilient overcomer, deepen friendships and enjoy sisterhood.
 
We headed for Fresno Friday evening as the host church was kicking off our weekend with a potluck dinner.  After dinner we heard Sylvia Lopez's awesome testimony, what an amazing lady, and guest speaker for the evening was Pearl Magnum.  Miss Pearl spoke on the scripture Isaiah 40:28-31.  How our strength comes from God, how God's power will rise up in us and make us strong.  When we want to get over mountain tops we have 2 options, we can to choose to hide or we can soar over them.  She spoke on how the Eagle does not start out soaring but takes baby steps with Mama Eagle pushing the Eagle out of their comfort zone.  God does this with us.  We have to step out in faith from our comfort zone and God will take us to the next step.  We will soar as an Eagle with God's power guiding and leading us on the correct path.
 
Saturday started with a power breakfast, a morning gathering and then we were off to whatever class we had signed up for.  My first morning session was Power of a Praying Woman led by Tracy Stephens. Matthew 21:22 was the scripture for this class.
 
"And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."
 
Tracy gave us the different steps of prayer and here are just a few.  When we pray we are communicating with God, believe when we pray, faith allows our prayer to be sincere, be open and honest with God, pray from your heart.  As women it is easy for us to become impatient with family conflicts, broken friendships and even with God.  But when we pray we need to be patient and humble and let the peace of God come over us.  We must create a strong spiritual balance in our lives that will allow us to be our maximum to God.
 
My second class for the morning was Spiritual Collage.  I signed up for this class before I read the description and once I had read what we would doing in class I almost changed my mind as I had just made a collage for the Made to Crave study I finished.
This is the collage I made for Made to Crave and it shows the things I was seeking God's protection over, the provisions God has given me and the process by which I can attain my goals.  I am so glad I went ahead and stayed with the the Spiritual Collage class.  In this class the goal given to us was to create a collage that depicted our life as to where we had been, where we are now and where we want to be.

This is my spiritual collage.  The bottom left corner symbolizes that I have been forgiven by God, the upper left shows that no matter what trials come my way that God will carry me through them and I will have peace.  It also symbolizes that I need to spend quiet time with Him daily and wait on Him.  Since I like to sew and create things the center depicts a sewing kit which reminded me that I was knit together by God's hands.  The upper right is all about family and friends and I am very grateful for all the people God has blessed my life with.  The bottom right stands for the woman I am becoming.  I am beautiful and fragrant woman.  I will stand on that mountain top and I will soar for Jesus has set me free.
 
Since busy women are often too busy to pamper themselves Saturday afternoon was set aside for some pampering sessions.  We could choose to have a facial, manicure, massage, attend a fitness class, a self defense class or spend some time in fellowship with others.  I chose to have a facial and I must say it was wonderful.  Tried different kinds of cleansers, moisturizer, makeup, etc. and it felt really good to pamper myself.
 
Myself and Doreen decided we wanted to sing in the Celebration Choir so off we went to choir practice after the pampering session.  Celebration Service was set for Saturday evening and what a celebration it was.  The choir sang two songs, In This Very Room and I Am A Vessel.
 
It was a weekend of inspiration and I thank God for the new friendships, for the fellowship and most of all for the power He has given me to Soar!

No comments:

Post a Comment