Monday, August 27, 2012

Peace

 
The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.  Psalm 29:11
 
For some time now I have been battling hurt caused by words.  There is an old saying "sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me."  This couldn't be further from the truth.  Words leave scars that no one can see.  They are deep inside of you where you try to hide the hurt you are feeling.  You try to fix it with all the strength you can muster but you can't.  The reason you can't is that you have been relying on your strength when you should have been relying on God's strength.  I can truthfully say that I have given this hurt to God.  It is with His strength I have forgiven those that have hurt me and I am truly at peace.
 
Peace, Perfect Peace
Peace, perfect peace, in this dark world of sin?
The blood of Jesus whispers peace within.
Peace, perfect peace, by thronging duties pressed?
To do the will of Jesus, this is rest.
Peace, perfect peace, with sorrows surging round?
On Jesus' bosom naught but calm is found.
Peace, perfect peace, with loved ones far away?
In Jesus' keeping we are safe, and they.
Peace, perfect peace, our future all unknown?
Jesus we know, and He is on the throne.
Peace, perfect peace, death shadowing us and ours?
Jesus has vanquished death and all its powers.
It is enough: earth's struggles soon shall cease
And Jesus call us to Heaven's perfect peace.
Edward H. Bickersteth
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment