Monday, August 6, 2012

Christ's Strength



There comes a time in one's life that they have to set boundaries.  I am now setting those boundaries.  I am tired of being thrown under the bus for something I did not do.  I am tired of being others scapegoat for the guilt they are feeling.  I have apologized numerous times for the hurt others perceive I have done and I know that I am to expect nothing in return from them.  But when they continuously use and abuse me I have to draw the line.  I do forgive them for the hurt they have caused but I am now choosing to not put myself out there for any more hurt.  Others will need to deal with their own guilt instead of blaming me.  God's word tells me  that "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)  So I will be leaning on Christ's strength, and His strength alone, to get me through the days ahead.

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I needed that. What a beautiful piece. So glad I stopped by for coffee this morning.

    ReplyDelete