Thursday, August 30, 2012

Honestly





I am reading a wonderful devotional book, Made to Crave Devotional, written by Lysa TerKeurst.

Made to Crave Devotional: 60 Days to Craving God, Not Food  -     
        By: Lysa TerKeurst
    
I spend time with God each night using this little book.  Last nights devotion really spoke to me.  The scripture was     1 Timothy 4:15, "Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress."

No matter what we are struggling with; food, depression, lack of self esteem, etc., God's Word can and will help us.  We all have made excuses as to why we can't do something by giving ourselves a pat on the back for the things we are doing.  No matter how many excuses I make they are not going to get me anywhere.  I can be good one day by eating healthy and exercising and totally undo everything the very next day by making excuses.  Lysa talks about the cycle of life we go through with the excuses and nothing will change until WE make the choice to change.  As we choose to make this change we will fight a battle in three areas; Spiritual, Physical and Mental.  As we fight our battle we MUST always choose God first when trials and temptations come along.  Stay in His Word, study scripture and read what He says about taking care of our daily needs.  I also like the way Lysa uses the word compromise.  She tells us not to settle and not to compromise.  When we remove the "com" we are left with "promise" and we are made for God's promises in all areas of our life.  She also tells us that it is possible to rise up, do battle with our issues, and using the Lord's strength in us, defeat them spiritually, physically, and mentally to the glory of God.

So rely on God's strength for He will carry you through whatever comes your way.  God bless you and may you have a beautiful and glorious day as we each choose to FROG. (Fully Rely on God)

The Lord is My Strength 
by Jon Lloyd & Casey Darnell

Oh Lord, we’ve heard of Your fame
Now we stand in awe of Your glory
Let Your grace and Your mercy reign
Though my heart and flesh may fail
You are God, and You never will

The Lord is my strength
Through the trials and pain
He is able to carry me
Every step of the way

The Lord is my strength
and my portion always
Every time I am weak
The Lord is my strength

Let the weary hearts find Your rest
Let the hungry soul now be fed
In our times of brokenness
Though our hearts and flesh may fail
You are God, and You never will

No comments:

Post a Comment