Thursday, August 16, 2012

I Am His, and He Is Mine


How great it is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! 
1 John 3:1

Have you every thought about how beautiful heaven must be?  If not just look around you and you will get just a small glimpse of what heaven must be like every time you look at all the beautiful creations God made just for us.  Remember every time you look toward the skies you can see God's tender heavens above us bend, and His love smiling down on us.

I Am His, and He Is Mine
Love with everlasting love, led by grace that love to know;
Gracious Spirit from above, thou hast taught me it is so!
O, this full and perfect peace!  O, this transport all divine!
In a love which cannot cease, I am His, and He is mine.

Heaven above is softer blue, earth around is sweeter green!
Something lives in every hue Christ less eyes have never seen:
Birds with gladder songs overflow, flowers with deeper beauties shine,
Since I know, as now I know, I am His, and He is mine.

Things that once were wild alarms cannot now disturb my rest;
Closed in everlasting arms, pillowed on the loving breast.
O, to lie forever here, doubt and care and self resign,
While He whispers in my ear, I am His, and He is mine.

His forever, only His; who the Lord and me shall part?
Ah, with what a rest of bliss Christ can fill the loving heart!
Heaven and earth may fade and flee, firstborn light in gloom decline;
But while God and I shall be, I am His, and He is mine.
George W. Robinson


No comments:

Post a Comment