Friday, April 27, 2012

Great is Thy Faithfulness


The Lord is like a father to his children,
tender and compassionate to those who fear him.
For he knows how weak we are;
he remembers we are only dust.
Our days on earth are like grass;
like wildflowers, we bloom and die.
The wind blows, and we are gone—
as though we had never been here.
But the love of the Lord remains forever
with those who fear him.
His salvation extends to the children’s children
Psalm 103:13-17

God loves us; not because we are lovable but because He is love, not because He needs to receive but because He delights to give.
  C. S. Lewis

Great is Thy faithfulness, O God my Father;
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever will be.

Great is Thy faithfulness!
Great is Thy faithfulness!
Morning by morning new mercies I see.
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!
Thomas O. Chisholm

 God is my heavenly Father and I am so glad He loves me unconditionally!

No comments:

Post a Comment