Monday, January 4, 2016

The Rainbow

I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth...  Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth.  Genesis 9:13, 16

Each day God's beauty is all around us.  Even when we are at our lowest He gives us His beauty, I know that is true for me.  You see God gave me a rainbow!  Several years ago I felt like my world was coming apart at the seams and I did not know which way to turn but as I was driving along the road God put a rainbow in the sky for me.  Not just one rainbow but two rainbows and the end of one of those rainbows was right in front of me.  As I drove through the rainbow I remember my car being filled with brilliant colors and God was speaking to me, reminding me to put my trust in Him as everything was going to be okay and I have done exactly that.

Oh I still have moments when I feel like is all is lost but then I remember God's promise to me.  Only God can take our weary spirit and fill us with fresh expectation.

"God Put A Rainbow In The Sky" 
preformed by Mahalia Jackson
God put a rainbow in the sky
A rainbow in the sky
A rainbow in the sky
God put a rainbow in the sky
A rainbow in the sky
A rainbow in the sky
It looked like the sun wasn't gon' shine no more
Oh, God put a rainbow in the sky.

When God shut Noah in the grand ol' ark
God put a rainbow in the sky
Oh, yes, the sun grew dim and the days were dark
God put a rainbow in the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment