Thursday, January 7, 2016

Fishers of Men

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19

When God calls us to do something our response so off is "I'm not ready or I can't do that."  We forget that if He is calling us He will equip us.  He already knows what we are capable of doing, all we have to do is rely on Him.  We will succeed when we do things for the right reasons, when we do it with a servant's heart.  We need to not question and accept the call on God's terms, not ours.

Make Me a Channel of Blessing
by Harper G. Smith 1873-1945

Is your life a channel of blessing?  
Is the love of God flowing thro' you?
Are you telling the lost of the Saviour?
Are you ready His service to do?

Make me a channel of blessing today,
Make me a channel of blessing, I pray;
My life possessing, my service blessing,
Make me a channel of blessing today.

January 5th devotion, forgot to post....

No comments:

Post a Comment