Thursday, January 7, 2016

Our Prayer Requests


In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.  Psalm 5:3

There are times when you just get tired of voicing the same over and over and wonder why you even brother.need?  You feel like everyone has just forgotten about you.  When I start feeling like I have been forgotten by everyone, I need to stop and think about what I am asking God for.  Is it something I need, is it for a family member and am I praying with the right attitude.  Do I begin with a thankful heart or do I just go right in with my list of wants?  Hmm, something to think about... 

Remember God is there with us as we take each step through out our day.  So when you start feeling like no one cares remember God does! 

I have this chair that I usually sit in while watching TV and knitting away.  I think I will start calling this chair "my prayer chair."  The movie "War Room" talked about having a prayer closet, but since I don't have the space for a prayer closet I will have "my prayer chair."  This is where I will take my petitions to God and wait as He speaks to my heart.  Do you have a place you can call your prayer closet/chair?


  Lord, for Tomorrow and its Needs
by Sybil F. Partridge

Lord, for tomorrow and its needs
I do not pray;
Keep me, my God, from of sin
Just for today;
Help me to labor earnestly,
and duly pray;
Let me be kind in word and deed,
Father today.

January 6 devotion, forgot to post...






No comments:

Post a Comment