Friday, September 6, 2013

Thru The Storm

 
“For I am the Lord your God, who upholds your right hand,
Who says to you, ‘Do not fear, I will help you.'
Isaiah 41:13
 
I had something entirely differently planned for today but God had different plans.  You see as I was reading the posts on FaceBook there was a post that jumped right out to me.  It was a post from The Rusted Chain Jewelry about a necklace entitled, "Thru The Storm He Is Lord."   This spoke directly to my heart.  There have been so many storms in my life that God has brought me through.  I have lost loved ones that were way to young with young families of their own and I have often wondered why Lord?  Why did you take this young person home in the prime of their life?  Why did you leave their young children without a father or mother?  Why Lord?  Then I stop to remember that I have not lost them as they are alive in my heart.  Sure my heart aches for the families they left behind and my heart aches for the emptiness of not having them in my life but I know my God has a bigger plan.  He will get me through these times.  He will hold my hand and lift me up until the pain is easier to bear.  He will teach me how to dance in the rain and to look for the rainbows He places in my life.
 
 
Precious Lord, Take My Hand
By Thomas A. Dorsey, 1932
 
Precious Lord, take my hand,
Lead me on, let me stand,
I am tired, I am weak, I am worn;
Through the storm, through the night,
Lead me on to the light:
 
Take my hand, precious Lord,
Lead me home.
 
When my way grows drear,
Precious Lord, linger near,
When my life is almost gone,
Hear my cry, hear my call,
Hold my hand lest I fall:
 
When the darkness appears
And the night draws near,
And the day is past and gone,
At the river I stand,
Guide my feet, hold my hand:
 
Thanks Becki Hastings for this reminder that God will bring me through all the storms of my life.
Sharing a link to the necklace;


No comments:

Post a Comment