Friday, June 10, 2011

Inspired


Gary and I walk approximately 2 miles each morning.  We were heading out around 9:00 AM but now that the warmer temperatures are arriving we try to head out around 7:00 AM before the heat sets in.  As we are walking and talking about things going on in our lives it also gives us the opportunity to take in all the beauty God has placed in this world.  In these early hours before everyone begins the busyness of the day we get the opportunity to take in the quiet of the morning with the gentle breeze blowing, the birds chirping and on some mornings we can see the beauty of the Sierra Nevada Range.  These early morning walks also inspire me to be in the Word, to read about how all God had to was speak and all the beauty of this world, that we take for granted, came into being.  With the beauty of this world can you imagine how beautiful Heaven will be when we behold the beauty and glory of His face!

Though an army besiege me,
my heart will not fear;
though war break out against me,
even then I will be confident.
 One thing I ask from the LORD,
this only do I seek:
that I may dwell in the house of the LORD
all the days of my life,
to gaze on the beauty of the LORD
and to seek him in his temple.
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling;
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent
and set me high upon a rock.
Psalm 27:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment