Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Forgiveness


Then Peter came to Him and said, “Lord, how often shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? Up to seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you, up to seven times, but up to seventy times seven.  Matthew 8:21-22

Forgiveness is a hard one.  We say we have forgiven someone for the hurt they have cause but have we really?  When something comes along and burst our bubble, and believe me it will, we start bringing up all the old hurt that we have forgiven them for and start throwing it right back in their face.  So did we really forgive them or did we just pay them lip service?  Isn't it wonderful that when our heavenly Father forgives us He also forgets.  The slate has been wiped clean.  What a wonderful world it would be if we could do the same thing?  I believe that when we truly forgive, the past can no longer hurt us and relationships can start anew.

1 comment:

  1. This is a good one! I know I have issues with this one that I'm praying for now. I want to truly forgive and forget but scar tissue I think is getting in my way :( so I ask of you to pleasse pray for me too that this will be lifted off my shoulders and that I can truly forgive and forget! Thanks for sharing this one I needed to hear it.

    Oh and I love your Hydrangea

    ReplyDelete