Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Finding Hope

I am reading a wonderful book, The Vision of His Glory, written by Anne Graham Lotz.  So today I thought I would share a excerpt from her book with you.

Sometimes when faced with great problems, our tendency is to focus on the hands of God, what He has not done for us and what we want Him to do for us, instead of focusing on the face of God, simply Who He is.  Our depression can deepen through this kind of self-preoccupation.  Often, in the midst of great problems, we stop short of the real blessing God has for us, which is a fresh vision of Who He is.  When we stop focusing on our problems and on ourselves and focus instead on our almighty and omnipresent God, our problems, as the old hymn promises, "grown strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace."

Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you.  Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.  Psalm 143:8

No comments:

Post a Comment