Monday, June 2, 2014

God Knows My Name

The sheep listen to His voice.  He calls His own sheep by name and leads them out.  When He has brought out all His own, He goes on ahead of them, and His sheep follow Him because they know His voice. 
John 10:3-4

God knows my name!  He knew me before He formed this lump of clay we call earth.  He sent His Son to die for me and to show me the way to Him.  He has blessed my life so many times and there have been times when I failed to thank Him for everything He has done for me.  He wants me to spend time with Him as I study His Word, to converse with Him through prayer and not be so fast to get up without sitting quietly and listening as He speaks directly to my heart.  He wants to be whom I go to when times get tough and I can't see a way out.  He wants to be first in my life and yours.

In The Garden
C. Austin Miles, 1912

He speaks, and the sound of His voice,
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment