Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Trust and Obey

 
Whoever has my commands and keeps them is the one who loves me. The one who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love them and show myself to them.  John 14:21
 
This morning these old bones were aching.  My body was telling me that I have not been exercising like I should to maintain my health.  That is exactly what happens to us when we are not in the Word everyday.  Our spirits grow weak and things that normally would not brother us at all are now taking their toll.  I know this is true for me.  To maintain my spiritual health I need to stay in God's Word, study it and let God put it to use in my life.  Do I always do my daily Bible reading?  No I do not as I am just like everyone else.  Life happens and I let other things take priority.  That is something I am working on and with God's help I will get better at it.
 
So I am going to be better at taking care of my spiritual health as well as my physical health.  Starting today I am going to study God's Word daily and I am going to walk everyday.  This morning I went for a walk with my sweet husband and now I am stepping into God's Word and I am hoping you do the same! 
 
Trust and Obey
John H. Sammis, 1887
 
When we walk with the Lord
in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.

No comments:

Post a Comment