Friday, February 1, 2013

Guard Your Heart

 
Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.
Keep your mouth free of perversity;
keep corrupt talk far from your lips.
Let your eyes look straight ahead;
fix your gaze directly before you.
 Give careful thought to the paths for your feet
and be steadfast in all your ways.
Proverbs 4:23-26
 
The tasks of our daily lives are not always easy.  We get busy, grumpy and sometimes down right rude.  We lose our focus and let everyday situations absorb us to where all our attention is paid on what is happening around us.  We get the attitude of what's the use and mumble under our breath no one cares about me, no one cares what I do and I might as well not even be here.  Guess what?  There is someone that cares about you, will always love you and will carry you when the load becomes to great.  His name is Jesus! 
 
Stay focused on Him and everyday life will not be so hard! 
 
All For Jesus
by Mary D. James, 1871
 
Since my eyes were fixed on Jesus,
I've lost sight of all beside;
So enchained my spirit's vision,
Looking at the Crucified.
 
Oh what wonder! How Amazing!
Jesus, glorious King of kings,
Deigns to call me His beloved,
Lets me rest beneath His wings.

No comments:

Post a Comment