Monday, November 3, 2014

Fall

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.
Ephesians 2:8

We absolutely love living here in the PNW and are enjoy the four seasons.  Fall has definitely arrived in our area as the leaves are turning and there is a definite chill in the air.  I love to be in the outdoors taking in all the brilliant colors and the smells of fall.  Just think all this beauty was created by our God for us to enjoy and care for.  It is a gift from Him to us.  But He has given us a greater gift and that is the gift of salvation through the blood of His Son Jesus Christ.  Jesus gave His life willingly for me.  Our worship leader made this statement yesterday and it was something I had never thought about.  Oh I knew that I was on His mind but when she stated "it was my face he saw" gave me a different insight for it was by grace I am saved.  Just as I know the trees will be green again I know that God will get me through each day and that someday I will be with Him.

Saved By Grace
by
Fanny Crosby, 1891

Some day the silver cord will break,
And I no more as now shall sing;
But oh, the when I shall wake
Within the palace of the King!

And I shall see Him face to face,
And tell the story -- Saved by grace;
And I shall see Him face to face,
And tell the story -- Saved by grace.



No comments:

Post a Comment