Thursday, February 13, 2014

True Love Means Sacrifice

Then they spat on Him, and took the reed and struck Him on the head.  And when they had mocked Him, they took the robe off Him, put His own clothes on Him, and led Him away to be crucified.  
Matthew 27:30-31

So many years ago Christ died for our transgressions.  He did nothing wrong but showed His love for us by giving the ultimate sacrifice by laying down His life for us. Where would we be without His forgiveness for the wrongs we have done?  His death and resurrection gave us the opportunity for eternal salvation and life with Him and our Heavenly Father.  All we need to do is believe, say I'm sorry and ask for forgiveness for our sins.

 How many of you remember the move Love Story?  There was a line in that movie that so many people began quoting, "Love means you never have to say I'm sorry."  This couldn't be further from the truth.  We do need to say I'm sorry when we hurt someone.  We do need to ask for their forgiveness.  If we don't we can never move forward in our lives.

Is there someone in your life that you need to say those two little words to?   If so take the step and go to them and say I'm sorry.  That is all Christ asks you to do.

Cleanse Me
by J. Edwin Orr

Search me, O God, and know my heart today;
Try me, O Savior, know my thoughts, I pray.
See if there be some wicked way in me;
Cleanse me from every sin, and set me free.

I praise Thee, Lord, for cleansing me from sin;
Fulfill Thy Word, and  make me pure within.
Fill me with fire, where once I burned with shame;
Grant my desire to magnify They name.



No comments:

Post a Comment