Saturday, December 15, 2012

Stress Relief

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14
 
A very dear friend gave me this little book for Christmas.  I love to knit!  I have found that knitting relaxes me and is a stress reliever and that is exactly what the first two pages of this little book talks about.

In the rhythm of the needles there is music for the soul. 
Old Sampler
 
The simple act of knitting, of counting stitches and rows, losing oneself in the rhythm of pattern repeats, and the joy of watching a lovely piece of handiwork emerge, helps release tension and allows one to forget, if only for a moment, the realities of life.
 
On those rare occasions that my sweetie and I sit down to watch a TV show I knit.  It is relaxing and also keeps my hands busy.  So if you would like to learn to knit let me know and I will be happy to teach you this art of relaxation.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment