Sunday, December 9, 2012

Reason for the Season


All things have been handed over to Me by My Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him.  “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest.  Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
Matthew 11:27-29 

These past weeks has really been really busy for my sweetie and me.  We returned home from our Tennessee Thanksgiving on November 27 and have been meeting ourselves going out the door as we are coming in.  The first thing we did was tackle the mountain of laundry, get everything unpacked and put away.  Once that was done we starting taking down the fall decorations.  We also had responsibilities and duties to complete for the ministries we are involved with, in our church and community, that needed to be taken care of.  

Once all these things were taken care of I started thinking about how I wanted to decorate for Christmas this year.  When we sold our home in 2005 we moved into a townhouse.  Well our first Christmas there we realized that our 8 foot tree was not going to work so we sold it and bought a smaller tree, 4.5 feet to be exact, and we have used that little tree every year since.  My sweetie retired in 2009, we moved to Exeter, now have room for a larger tree and this year I wanted a big tree.  So my sweetie, knowing how much I love this time of year, took me shopping for a tree.  I really love the smell of a real Christmas tree but since I am allergic we purchased a 7.5 foot artificial spruce tree.


I have said all this to say this,  Don't let yourself become overwhelmed with all the decorating and commercial emphasis put on Christmas.  Don't let yourself become to busy to remember what this season really represents as I almost did. 

 Jesus came that we might have life more abundantly and He asks us to live each day, moment by moment, in His love as we share this love with all we come in contact with.

Jesus is the only reason for this season!

Reason for the Season

The shepherds are lit
A star in the sky
On the outskirts of town
A new baby cries
No room at the end
No crib to be found
Oh but look at him now

He is the reason for the season
He is the light that shines on our lives
The baby Jesus born in God's grace
So we all might rejoice on this day
He is the reason for the season

It is a time for presents and toys
Tales of Saint Nick
Tidings of joy
As we celebrate the miracle birth
Oh right here on this earth

He is the reason for the season
He is the light that shines on our lives
The baby Jesus born in God's grace
So we all might rejoice on this day
He is the reason for the season

He's the reason for the giving
The joy that's never ending
That comes on Christmas morning in the eyes of a child
It's what it means to me and you
That's the true meaning of this time
Oh this time

He is the
He is the reason for the season
He is the light that shines on our lives
The baby Jesus born in God's grace
So we all might rejoice on this day
He is the reason for the season
By Ray Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment