Monday, December 12, 2011

The Crooked Tree





This morning as I was walking I noticed for the first time a really crooked tree in the little park next to our house.  Although the tree is now dormant and the leaves have fallen it looked like it had bent under the heavy load it had had to carry.  How many times have you felt the same way?  You feel like you are carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders and if you have to take on one more thing you might just crumble.  Situations beyond your control arise and in the blink of an eye your whole world changes.  Things that you had planned to do you can no longer do and you feel like you have no energy left to face another day wondering what changes it will bring.

Then I stop and think of Jesus as He walked up that hill to Calvary carrying all the sins of the world on His shoulders.  Did He complain?  No!  His prayer to His Father was not my will but your will in my life.  Oh I so want to be like Jesus!

Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will.”  Matthew 26:39

No comments:

Post a Comment